Sunday, July 12, 2009

Resolutions

These are posted for accountability purposes, so that this commitment is public.

Resolutions for the Week of July 12, 2009

1. To open each day as soon as I awake on my face at the foot of the cross proclaiming my utter dependence on the saving grace provided therein and continual sanctifying grace, 2 Corinthians 12:9.

2. To strive with the text of Scripture that I am reading in my devotion, praying to be led to worship afresh and to joyfully obey, 2 Timothy 2:15.

3. To work to kill each desire in me to be discontented, reminding myself that Christ is to be my all-satisfying passion, Hebrews 13:5-6.

4. To work at each duty with vigor as if I were working for God Himself, Colossians 3:23.

5. To not waste a moment of time in between anything, but to improve it by meditation and/or prayer, Psalm 1:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:18.

6. To be open and honest about my weaknesses, so that I do not boast in myself but rather proclaim my own utter dependency on divine grace, 2 Corinthians 12:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment